Droid’s 2.1 Page removed from Motorola – Why – and link to pics
Motorola had a informational page about what was contained in the 2.1 update. But they pulled it shortly thereafter. From the looks of it, nobody’s answering the question of why. However, Phandroid has a screenshot of the missing page.
The page showed the new features as:
- Text to speech for any text box
- Better virtual keyboard
- 3D Gallery – photos, videos and other image sources are shown in 3D stacks that move when the phone is tilted
- PINCH TO ZOOM – in web, gallery and maps (finally)
- News and Weather App/Widget
- Maps – syncs with desktop, personal suggestions, night mode
- Music App gets tabs to switch screens
- Google Goggles – including “reading” business cards and adding them to you contacts (Cool!)
- Fix on the Pattern Lock Bypass bug (I think)
- Yahoo email setup optimizations
- Better Battery Optimizations
For those of you who don’t know, you can manually check to see if you’re authorized for the update right now by going to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates. If you’re not authorized yet, try back again later. Reclicking is not likely to do any good. Remember that this is a gradual roll-out like the last update.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.